These are unprecedented times right now. As we continue to work through the constantly changing and evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we want you to know that we always have our patients’ best interests at the top of our minds.
We know that our community has been through a lot over the last few months and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to providing quality dental care. The health and safety of our patients remains our highest priority.
We’ve implemented added safety measures
Over the course of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have followed National, State, and Dental guidelines very closely to develop protocols to keep our patients and team members safe during every dental appointment. Rest assured we are taking additional precautions throughout our office to maintain a clean and healthy environment for your care. Here are some of the measures we continue to take to keep you safe now and in the future:
- Temperature and wellness checks for all team members are completed daily.
- Pre-screening and wellness checks are performed for all patients.
- Prior to every appointment, temperatures will be taken with a touchless thermometer. Temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit will be rescheduled.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the door and everyone is asked to disinfect prior to entering the office. We have hand sanitizer throughout the office to use as needed.
- Regular disinfection schedules are maintained.
- All treatment rooms are PRIVATE with closed doors to limit exposure between patients.
- Each room is equipped with a HEPA air filter to remove pathogens from the air including bacteria and viruses.
- As healthcare providers we have always practiced strict hand-washing protocols and sterilization procedures. We continue to maintain that commitment to cleanliness.
- An antimicrobial rinse will be used prior to any dental treatment or exam.
- During treatment, all providers will be wearing additional PPE (personal protective equipment) including special masks, face shields, and gowns. Additional tools for isolation will also be used intraorally.
- Additional protective glass screens will be present at the front desk.
- ALL team members will be wearing masks.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and in the reception area.
We take our responsibility for your care and well-being seriously. Together we want to make sure we provide our sleep apnea and TMD services to you in the safest possible environment for our patients and staff. We truly are grateful that you are part of our AZ Sleep & TMJ solutions family. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please call our office today.